Sectional Garage Door Installation Guide
Please click any of the below links to see the installation instructions for Gliderol sectional garage doors.
Click here to download the installation guide for the sectional overhead door (front mounted springs)
Sectional Garage Door Maintenance
In order to ensure safe and proper operation, sectional garage doors should be checked from the first time of use, based on the indicated service intervals outlined by your garage door installer.
The manufacturer recommend the following
Immediately After Installation;
It is recommended that the following areas receive lubrication using a PTFE based spray.
- ✓Lubricate the tracks.
- ✓Lubricate bearings and rollers.
- ✓Lubricate pins of the hinges from intermediate and side hinges.
- ✓Lubricate sealing rubbers.
After 3 Months
- ✓Check and re-tension the springs where required.
- ✓Carry out a visual inspection of the door.
Every 6 Months or Every 750 Door Cycles
- ✓Remove any debris from the door and adjacent areas.
- ✓Apply lubrication to the tracks, bearings, rollers, hinge pins, side hinges and sealing rubbers.
- ✓Wash down the panels using a mild detergent and warm water. Rinse clean with clean cold water.
Every 12 Months or Every 1500 Cycles
- ✓Check for signs of wear and tear on the cables and connections to the cable drums and bottom brackets.
- ✓Check the spring break device.
- ✓Test to ensure the door is balanced. A well balanced door should neither rise nor fall of its own accord.
- ✓If a pulley is present, check for signs of damage or wear.
- ✓Check the closing forces on the leading edge of the door.
- ✓Ensure the horizontal track hangers are well secured to the ceiling.
- ✓Inspect the weather stripping for damage or wear.
- ✓Check the bottom rubber seal for damage.
- ✓If present, check the shaft coupler.
- ✓Torsion springs should be lubricated using a PTFE type spay.